Another Opening Night is in the books, and the Astros are top of the baseball world — at least for one night — after beating the Rangers, 8-2, on Sunday at sold-out Minute Maid Park. The first game in the American League, the first game in their sharp new uniforms and the first game for new manager Bo Porter couldn’t have gone any better for the Astros, who snapped a six-game losing streak on Opening Day.
After the game, Twitter was alive with Astros inspiration:
Here’s are links to MLB.com’s coverage of Opening Day, which included tons of video by Alyson Footer and enough to keep you reading during Monday’s off day:
- Astros-Rangers rivalry is primed for the next level.
- Bo Porter makes sure everyone is “All in” as Astros begin new era.
- Astros want to share new spring facility with another club.
- Porter picks outfielder Brandon Barnes to address team.
- Friends, family and Iowans turn out for Porter’s debut.
- Seven Astros make their Opening Day debut.
- Porter makes his debut against former mentor Washington.
- Jim Crane provides update on TV negotiations.