Results tagged ‘ 1-7 ’
The Astros blew another late lead Saturday, allowing the Marlins to roar back from three runs down in the seventh and win 7-5. The loss drops the Astros to 1-7, which is only one game better than they’re 0-8 start of a year ago.
The Astros led 4-1 through six innings Saturday and watched the Marlins get Bud Norris for three runs to tie the game, before Fernando Abad allowed a pair of runs in the seventh to give Florida a 6-4 lead. On Friday, Houston had a 1-0 lead through six and a 2-1 lead through seven and couldn’t hang on.
Alas, here are some postgame notes:
- The Astros posted a season-high five runs on a season-high 11 hits Saturday night.
- RHP Bud Norris got the first extra-base hit, run scored and RBI by an Astros pitcher this season, coming in the third inning
- C J.R. Towles picked up another hit and has now hit safely in all four of his starts this season.
- 2B Bill Hall went 1-for-4 and has now hit safely in four straight games since collecting a .286 average in that span. In his firstfour games of the season, Hall went 1-for-15.
- By doubling in the eighth inning, LF Carlos Lee became the first Astros player to record a single, double, triple and home run this season.
- Jason Bourgeois collected the Astros’ first pinch-hit this season with an infield single in the ninth. Prior to his at-bat, Astros pinch-hitters had combined to go 0-for-10.
- 1B Brett Wallace has recorded RBIs in five consecutive games and in five of his last six games.
- SS Angel Sanchez snapped a personal streak of 19 games and 69 at-bats between extra-base hits before doubling in the first inning. His previous extra-base hit came on Sept. 11, 2010 against the Dodgers.