Results tagged ‘ struggling ’
Since pounding out 15 hits in an 8-1 win over the Mets on May 2, the Astros’ offense has gone into a deep freeze. Sure, the club has faced some good pitchers with Carlos Zambrano, Adam Wainwright and A.J. Burnett having their best outings to date at the expense of the Astros, but did they all get on track because of the Astros’ funk?
Here are some team and individual numbers outlining the Astros’ recent struggles, though it’s fair to note they’re 4-5 in their last nine games despite hitting sub-.200 as a team:
- The Astros are hitting .197 in their last nine games (59-for-299) with a .252 on-base percentage and .281 slugging percentage.
- The Astros have scored 12 runs in their last seven games, during which they’ve gone 2-5. That included a pair of 12-inning games, too. Houston is averaging 1.7 runs per game in that span.
- CF Jordan Schafer is hitting .182 (6-for-33) in his past nine games, which include a four-hit game against the Marlins. He also hasn’t walked in his last four games.
- LF J.D. Martinez went 0-for-4 on Sunday to extend his slump to 1-for-35. He’s hitless in his last 25 at-bats.
- SS Jed Lowrie is hitting .125 (3-for-25) in his last six games with no RBIs.
- C Jason Castro is hitting .176 (3-for-17) in his last six games, and that includes two hits on Sunday.
- 1B Carlos Lee is hitting .182 (4-for-22) in his last six games, and that includes two hits on Sunday.
- 2B Jose Altuve is hitting .158 (3-for-19) in his last six games.